It’s great to be here on the blog again today! Is everyone gearing up for lots of feasting on all the Thanksgiving foods??? I know I am so ready!! Bring on the coffee and pie please!!
I have been asked by a few people how I use my planner as my “War Binder,” better known as a faith planner or prayer journal! I am over the moon excited to tell you all about it!! First, I want you to know that this is not the only way to set one up, this is my personal way, it’s what works for me. I have evolved over the years as to how I do my prayer time and will continue to as needed.
Now, lets get started shall we?
I always start with dashboards. I make sure what tabs I will keep and replace at the beginning of every month. Most stay but some get rearranged, added, or just plain deleted!
The tabs I used this month:
- November (or month we are going into)
- The Word/scripture
1. I love to use the month tab to start, mostly because they are just too pretty not to. I like to keep the month at a glance (MAG) that comes in the planner kit here. On the front of the MAG I keep the challenge prompt as a tip-in, and for the first time I kept “goals” here this month. I always add the Cocoa Daisy Planner Challenge as a tip in on the front as well. On the actual MAG I made another tip-in as well because, lets face it, that stay cozy card was a favorite and I needed to see it often! Here (on the MAG) is where I kept my daily scripture writing plan! You could keep it in the scripture section too if you would like. Or I normally keep it where I put my “goals.” On the back of the MAG is where I normally do a monthly bucket list, this month though, i used it for my 18 before 18..
2. The daily section is for all the daily things on the calendar. I use the week at a glance (WAG) on one page, i love the colors so much, they make for brighter days! On the back I usually practice lettering fun quotes, song lyrics, and sometimes scripture.
3. The prayer section is a little different. This is where i write daily prayers on the daily sheets. I love that they are already sectioned off and i just cover over the headings with white out or use page flags and write the heading I want for each section, you could use stickers or the little post-it notes or whatever works for you. My section are as follows:
- On My Mind: Things that pop into my mind that need to be done through the day (this always happens when I try to sit and be quiet)
- Thanksgiving: giving thanks for all the blessings and answered prayers
- Repenting: confession of sin
- Lifting Up: people that I am praying for for sickness, births, death, travel, finances, special needs in general, anything anyone has specifically asked prayer for.
- Memory Verse: not scripture writing but, a verse I want to memorize
The back of the daily pages are used for different things, this month I am focusing on Thanksgiving with “23 days of Thanksgiving” so, I am writing out those scriptures. Sometimes I will use this space for quotes, doodling, and extra prayer room.
I separate my weeks with the WAG from the personal planner inserts. I create a tip-in with them on Sunday and tuck all the days inside. For each day of the week on the insert I put a specific topic of prayer.
- Government leaders
Also, on the daily pages from the personal planner inserts, I add specific prayers for my immediate family and my parents and my husbands parents. I use the personal dashboards for each person and add tabs at the top with everyone’s name on it! This is a new addition this month. So, far i am loving it!
4. The scripture section is where i write out the scriptures from a scripture challenge. I use the week on two pages (WO2). I love the graph lines to keep me straight and neat.
5. In the note section i keep notes! HAHA no brainer, right? I write down notes from sermons, songs, poems, books I want to read, quotes, etc.
6. The praise section is where i write down lyrics to worship songs, attributes of God and the corresponding scripture, answers to big prayers that don’t fit on the daily section or are very significant.
7. Random, is just that! All the random things, grocery lists, directions, future appointments, gift ideas for birthdays, Christmas, Or just because gifts, things that just pop in my head that I do not want to forget. Anything goes here!!
There ya have it, a walk through of my “War Binder”/ faith planner/prayer journal. I hope you enjoyed it, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. If you add something different to yours, or have a different set up let me know!
Today, I will leave you with a quote from Priscilla Shirer’s book “Fervent,”
“I write it down so, I don’t forget.”
To see more check out my IG: https://www.instagram.com/chipped_in_time_/