Happy Holidays, Daisies!
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year…” I love Christmas! Today, I’m sharing two things that you can make with the 2020 Christmas Bonus Kit. First up is a shadowbox featuring everyone’s favorite rabbit, Simon. I think he looks adorable all bundled up for a snow day!
Here is a list of items you need to make the shadowbox:
- Adhesive (note: I used a combination of Glue Dots & E6000 adhesive.)
- Ruler or tape measure
- Simon embroidery clip (from 2020 Christmas Bonus Kit. )
- Small red & green hearts (from 2020 Christmas Bonus Kit. )
- Cocoa Daisy snowflake cardboard packaging (from 2020 Christmas Bonus Kit. )
- 2-3/4″ x 4″ Shadowbox (note: I purchased this set from Amazon. )
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2020 Christmas Vignette Box Tops (note: I purchased this set from Amazon. )
Creating the shadowbox is fairly straightforward. Ready? Here are the steps:
- Measure inside of shadowbox (the top, bottom, sides, & back of the box.)
- Using measurements as a guide, cut pieces of snowflake cardboard packaging (for the top, bottom, sides & back of the box.)
- Line the inside of shadowbox with snowflake packaging and glue it down.
- Ensure Simon (rabbit) is centered, then attach/glue him inside the box. (Tip: I used foam adhesive to add dimension & make it look like Simon is floating inside the box.)
- Attach the red & green heart die-cuts near Simon. (They already have adhesive on them.)
- Place “Ribbon Icicle” vignette box top over the shadowbox, then glue down all 4 sides
- Enjoy & display your creation!
Next up is creating an A5 size pocket folder for your planner. Lately, I have been making these folders purely for decoration. Ha, ha, ha! I like my planners to have some eye candy!
If you look in the lower right corner of the photo below, you will see my folder in progress:
To make the A5 pocket, I used a basic template that I purchased on Etsy. There are many shops to choose from that sell planner templates. I happened to purchase this one and I’m delighted with it: Oks Art Studio A5 template. I added my own touches that you can see in the photo below – – such as the journal card, heart doily, plaid scalloped circle, and “December to remember” die-cut.
I love choosing papers to use for pockets. I try to choose colors and patterns that are bold and will enhance each other. In this case, I chose the green typography paper. I love the Christmas greetings on it! Once I selected that, I chose the red plaid paper to complement it. Next, I added the white “Holly Jolly” card. I thought it would pop nicely off the dark green background.
Here are the basic steps to creating the A5 pocket:
- Follow template/pattern.
- Choose papers for the pocket.
- Trim papers to fit the template.
- Tape/glue pocket flaps to the back of the pocket. (Note: I used clear Scotch tape and a few Glue Dots to ensure the flaps stay closed. Ha ha!)
- Choose a coordinating 3″x4″ journal card
- Use a paper punch to round the corners of the journal card
- Pierce hole through center of journal card and add ribbon, twine, or Scrapper’s Floss. (Note: I used thin Scrapper’s Floss.)
- Adhere card with tape, glue, or foam adhesive. (Note: I used foam tape to raise the card and add dimension.)
- Fold doily over pocket and tape it to the back.
- Tape “December to remember” die-cut to punched, scalloped circle, then glue it to the doily.
Later, I decided to trim the Scrapper’s floss bow that I added to the journal card. I initially liked it curly & whispy. However, I changed my mind and snipped it. Ha ha! Now it looks as you see it below.
How are you using your 2020 Christmas Bonus Kit? Show us what you’re creating on Instagram by using the hashtag: #cocoa_daisy . Join us for more inspiration on Instagram @cocoa_daisy or on our private, Facebook Cocoa Daisy Fan Page.
Thanks so much for joining me today, my friends. To those that celebrate it, have a Merry, Merry Christmas! And Happy Holidays to YOU!